Welcome to What Is Plastic?
This site is dedicated to help consumers and people who are new to this industry, to gain a better understanding of plastic. Although plastic is a highly technical subject involving chemistry and mechanical engineering, our challenge is to make these articles simple and easy to understand.
We strongly support the environmental protection movement and embrace the 3R concept to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Despite the growing concerns on the effect that plastic has on the environment, statistics has shown that the industry will continue to grow and that more product will be made using plastics – both in the economical and technological context.
In this respect, we believe that unless we learn more about plastics, we can never effectively recycle or properly dispose plastic as a responsible consumer.
How is the site organized.
Plastic is a huge industry involving many sub-industrial sectors that provide support services and materials to the product manufacturers. These manufacturers (also known as converters) will combine these materials, along with the various functions and services to form the final product for consumers.
Therefore, articles in this site are categorized into their respective functions and components.
- Using Plastics provide consumer tips on the proper usage of various plastic products. This category include recent news relating to health and safety issues when using these products.
- Processes and Machines explain the different methods and the type of machines used in producing various plastic products.
- Plastic Materials provides information on some of the commonly used material, it’s characteristics and application. Explanation of additives that are used to enhance certain material’s characteristics are also found here.
- Decorations and Finishing provide information on the various methods in making plastic parts and products more attractive.
- Auxiliary Equipments explore the various supporting machines and equipment that help a plant run efficiently.
- Environmental Aspects talks about environmental protection efforts carried out within the plastic industry. It feature articles that are contrary to popular believes like using of plastics to conserve our natural resources and helping the environment.
- Operations focuses on what goes on within a manufacturing plant. Articles here includes management concepts and industrial standards.
Feedback and comments.
Feel free to feedback and comment. If you have any questions relating to plastics, drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep updated on our latest articles by subscribing to our email feed. We welcome contributors too – if have an article to contribute, please write to us.
Popularity: 4% [?]